Friday, August 14, 2009

Oder of Depression

One of my clients is in his 40s and has depression. The thing is that he used to be very successful with two jobs, one of them was a business he owed. Now, he lives in the group home and never takes a shower and or changes any of his clothes. He lies to staff all the time and says that he does change his clothes, but there is not evidence of that. I position his soaps, clothes, and towels to figure out how if he moved and used them. It never changes.
I am not sure what to do with him. He says that he is depressed and does not have the motivation to take a shower. However, when confronted, he says that he does not smell and would become agitated. I tried various of methods to motivate him, I tried to be understanding; nope, I tried to give him space; nothing..and now I am being aggressive towards him, and I am nope that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment