Friday, August 28, 2009

Week August 28th

This week has been stressful. I continued to meet with Steven to make him understand the importance of showering and change his clothes, however he did not want to listen. I even tried to use information to encourage him to maintain his hygiene. I used fear tactics. "YOU WILL BE IN PAIN" "SUFFERING!!"..nothing. Still he was not motivated to shower.
On the 27th, we had the ISP meeting with him. Steven stated that he was depressed and did not have any motivation, lost the will to do things. He blamed most of his depression from his divorce. He also said that he was afraid to make conversation with his housemates. Jamie, Chris and I did not know what to do to help him overcome his depression. I feel like I need to do a therapy type of objectives, where we would discuss the origins of his depression. Jamie was not thrilled about that. However, I hope to have a break through soon.

I also used information to try to get through Philip. I tried using fear tactics to encourage to stay out of bed and become more active Yet no progress yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment